Monday 22 October 2012

milly and blue


For this assignment we had to make a pitch for a kids' animated series. I ended up with a series for the 5-8's, with a main character whose family moves to live with her grandparents, who live and work next to a wood. Inside, the main character finds a magical stone that contains a mischievous shape-shifting magical creature.


Some early ideas. I liked the idea of a child finding a magical creature/s and adopting it, but I couldn't decide what form it might take. In the end I decided to cheat and have it be able to change shape - I thought this could provide more flexibility for plots and situations.



Couple of pages from the pitch, showing the main protagonists.




Some of the other proposed characters (Milly's grandparents, dad and older sister), and some ideas for episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment